[SOLVED] JLinkSWOViewer does not work with STM32WB55

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLinkSWOViewer does not work with STM32WB55

Hello,

My configuration :
    Linux 64bits
    JLink base probe
    JLink flasher tools 6.54a
    STM32WB55 nucleo board

I work on STM32WB55 nucleo board. I want to use JLinkSWOViewer to read SWO traces sent by the microcontroller, but this one does not work.
    The JLink USB connection is OK. The tool detects the microcontroller and computes its CPU frequency and SWO frequency. But no trace is displayed when my program is executed (port 0).

To bypass that, I launch JLinkExe program / SWOView. In this case, the SWO traces are correctly read. And, if, after, I launch JLinkSWOViewer, the traces are also displayed.

It seems that JLinkExe/SWOView applied a better command to the JLink probe.

Do you know this issue with JLinkSWOViewer ?

Kind regards,
    Fabien
  • Hello Fabien,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Could you provide us with a log file for each connection (JLinkExe/SWOView and JLinkSWOViewer)?

How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Fabian,

thank you to help me.

I tried to get SEGGER tools logs. As I'm on linux, I can't enable log by J-Link Control Panel.

However, for JLinkExe/SWOView, by adding -log option, I had logs (see in attached files).
    But, for JLinkSWOViewer, no log option is available, I think. So, I cannot get the log.

This does not help us...
    Files
  • Hi Fabien,

We will give it a try at our side as soon as we find a time slot for this (Sometime this week).

I will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Fabien,
    sorry for the delay in response.

Some target specific settings were missing on the device side.
    We implemented these settings into the next release planned for tomorrow.
    It should work out of the box when using said version.

Best regards,
    Fabian