[SOLVED] JLink Pro unable to program OTP area STM32L496VG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink Pro unable to program OTP area STM32L496VG

Hello,

I'm trying to write OTP area of STM32L496 (page 97).

This OTP area start at address 0x1FFF 7000. If only one bit is at 0, the entire double word cannot be writtenanymore, so I need to use write64, unfortunatly it's not provide on J-Flash so I can't use "action" on "Init steps".
    The solution (that i use on ST-Link V2) is to create a binary file and load it at address 0x1FFF 7000 but when I try it, I have a pop-up "Selected Data (0x1FFF7000 - 0x1FFF747) does not fit into selected flash sectors. Could not execute task. Could not auto program target."

Do you have any recommandation to fix this issues ?

Thanks,

Jérémy.
  • Hello Jérémy,

The option byte area cannot be written directly via flash programming.
    But you can write the corresponding registers via exit steps (or init steps).
    The corresponding registers can be found in the document you linked above on pages 131 ff.

Does this solve the problem?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.