[SOLVED] TM4C1290NCPDT instruction trace with Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] TM4C1290NCPDT instruction trace with Ozone

The application PCB now has the TM4C1290NCPDT ETM trace pins connected to the JTrace Pro
    connector. I have initialized the trace pins in the firmware and generated an ELF file.

The hardware was not originally designed for ETM. These pins were brought out just
    to use JTrace Pro. Currently, the trace pins do not have any resistors connected to them.
    Attached is a sample picture from the TI app note. Do these resistors need to be connected
    to all trace pins? Please advice what connections are needed.

When I load the project into Ozone, it says there is no trace clock present, trace may not
    work correctly.

While I created a JLinkScript.txt file, what else do I put in the OnTraceStart function?

The tutorial project from the Segger website has an empty pex file.

TI_MSP432E4_16MHz_TraceExample_pex\TI_MSP432E4_16MHz_TraceExample _pex

Thanks,
    Priya
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

212.31 kB, 1,217×954, viewed 1,085 times
  • Hello,

We received your inquiry via our support system in parallel as well.
    Please do not use multiple different channels for the same topic when communicating with us as in the worst case this will lead to lost information between the channels and a slower response time.

This thread will be closed now and the topic will be continued in our support system.

For everyone else stumbling across this thread:
    - The attached picture does not show any trace pins as the picture shows a Arm 20-Pin debug header and no Cortex-M 19 pin trace header.
    - Trace will obviously only work if the trace pins are connected on the right trace header and need to be initialized, see here for the pin out:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…odels/j-trace-cortex-arm/
    - The pex file is not empty, it is simply a compiled JLinkScript file as explained in the trace example articles, so they are not humanly readable but not empty.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.