[SOLVED] JLinkARM.dll not found

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLinkARM.dll not found

Few minutes ago I installed the new J-Link Software 6.54. After rebooting Win-Dos I got the following error:
    Target DLL C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLinkARM.dll not found.

After I've checked this out I can confirm that this file did not exist. Is there a file missing in the update package?
    In the older directory C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V648b there's a JLinkARM.dll (14 MB).

I've also compared both directories and found out that there's also no
    • JLinkRTTViewer.exe
    • msvcp100.dll
    • msvcr100.dll
    • QtCore4.dll
    • QtGui4.dll
    Are there files missing in the update package?

Now I've copied the DLL from the older directory (V. 6.48d) and J-Link Commander starts up.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    I just tested the latest J-Link software package for Windows. After installation all usual files could be found in the install folder including JLinkARM.dll and RTTViewer.
    So it appears that either the download of the installer was not successful on your PC or the installation could not be completed correctly.

To verify the validity of the download package you can download the MD5 signature of the file and compare it to your downloaded file with our validity check tool.

You can download the signature here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack
    Press the little + next to the version you downloaded and download the emSecure digital signature

The verify tool can be found here:
    segger.com/products/security-i…nverify/signed-downloads/

Should that be fine then the installation went wrong somewhere. Make sure the access rights are sufficient to the folder you are installing the software to.

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • The downloaded file passed the MD5-checksum test so I suppose that there went something wrong during the installation.

What I've done today was at first to install JLink-6.54 while SystemView, JLinkRTTViewer and Eclipse (SW4STM32) was still open. During the installation I got an error message due to the fact that something can not be done, I can't remember exactly what it was but I suppose something that has to do with a running RTT-Viewer or Eclipse. So I've closed all applications that have to do with STM32 and installed JLink-6.54 again and now every thing went fine thus without any error message. After rebooting, restarting Eclipse and opening a debug-session I got the error message that JLinkARM.dll could not be found. I've looked for it in the mentioned directory and this file was not there. I've no clue what went wrong, I suppose that I was to early with the installation of JLink-6.54 after Eclipse was closed because in the background Eclipse does something like clean-up, save something,... so Eclipse is not really closed. Only my assumption.

Now it seems to be that the installation is successful, the missing files from above are now available with the date of today and not with the date of the older version (6.48). Tomorrow I'll check it out if already is up and running. If not, I leave a message below.

Thanks for your support!
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.

When updating J-Link software make sure no software is open that is using the J-Link dll. Otherwise the installation will partially fail.
    To solve the eclipse issue try running the JLinkDLLUpdater again while Eclipse is closed. Then the DLL should reappear. If that does not work simply copy the JLink dll to the eclipse installation folder where it was before.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.