[SOLVED] Missing "Connect to running target" option?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Missing "Connect to running target" option?

Update: If I create a NEW debug configuration from Segger (not STM), I see the "connect to target" option.
    However, even though I explicitly filled in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe,
    I get an error "Error while launching command: gdb --version" when I try to debug.
    The project and ELF settings all look correct, and match the working non-Segger STM debug configuration.
    Any ideas???

Original post: I'm using J-Link base to debug an STM32F413CG over SWD, in the STM STCubeIDE Eclipse package.
    Debugging generally works great, thanks, but...
    Configuring the debug profile, I can't find a "Connect to running target" option as explained here:
    mcuoneclipse.com/2015/03/20/at…r-j-link-gdb-and-eclipse/

How do I connect to a running target?

Thanks!
    Best Regards, Dave

PS: I'm using JLink_Windows_V652e
    Also, no change after I updated to the latest GNU ARM C/C++ J-Link Debugging 4.1.4.201704251808 ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.jlink.feature.group Liviu Ionescu

The post was edited 1 time, last by DaveN ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We are not aware of any issues with the attach functionality of our J-Link probe.
    All our other debug tools can attach to the target without any issues (Ozone, Embedded Studio, ...).
    Please understand that the Eclipse Plugin is not our software so its not maintained or supported by us.
    If you run into troubles with setting that tool up we recommend getting in contact with the support channel of the tool provider.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Dave,

Quick note from my site:
    We will create a wiki article for using J-Link within STM STCubeIDE.
    We will update this thread once the wiki article is available.

Roughly schedule: Later today / beginning of next week.

Best regards
    Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Dave,
    Sorry for the delay in response.

Please find the Wiki article here:
    wiki.segger.com/STM32CubeIDE

Best regards,
    Fabian