[SOLVED] How to make Flash Placement file.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to make Flash Placement file.

Hello,
    I am a hardware engineer and not very familiar with software or firmware other than the very basics.

I am trying to move a project from the Keil IDE to SES. I am working with Nordic's NRF52832 for this project. This project complies, flashes, and works in Keil but I can't get it to work in SES. I tried following Nordic's guide for this but was unable to get it to work and I have also asked for help on Nordic's dev zone.

I am getting errors when compiling with the linker and I do not understand how to make a Flash Placement file.

The errors I am getting are in the attached image.
    How do I make one or generate one.

I am sorry for my inexperience, what can I do to solve this.

Thank you
    Images
    • Errors.png

130.92 kB, 961×1,154, viewed 2,193 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    How to create flash placement files and their syntax is explained in the Embedded Studio manual. You can open the manual under Help->Contents or browse it online.
    studio.segger.com/
    Here are the corresponding sections covering that topic:
    studio.segger.com/ide_section_placement.htm

studio.segger.com/arm_memory_map_files.htm

studio.segger.com/ide_section_placement_file_format.htm

Alternatively you can use the SEGGER Linker. The manual for it can be found in the Embedded Studio install folder under /html/SEGGER.

Example implementations for the xmls can be found as explained in the manual or in the Nordic SDK.

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.