[ABANDONED] Ozone 2.70a: Issues running under Ubuntu 18.04 in virtual machine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Ozone 2.70a: Issues running under Ubuntu 18.04 in virtual machine

Spent (too) much time today getting Ozone running on Ubuntu 18.04 running inside a VMware 14 virtual machine. Just to mention, I have no issues debugging and running the same HW setup (i.MX6 Solo custom board with J-Link HW 9.4) with pure GDB, and exactly the same initializations, under this VM. After spending a few hours on this today, I decided to move the Ozon project to the Windows 10 host, which worked straight away without any issues.

What I see is after loading up the project, then running the download and reset sequence, things look ok, default memory view shows sane values and read out correct, but after it is not possible to read memory, and not possible to start the cpu. See attached log. Neither reading register memory space, nor DDR3 space works. Trying to run simply returns 'Could not start CPU core. (ErrorCode: -1)'. If memory serves me correctly it was indeed possible to read CPU registers.

Any idea what could be going on? or are there some known issues?
    Files
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Ozone should behave always the same no matter the platform.

Could you provide an example project for reproduction? Then we could take a look.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for your reply. Adding the two project files here. The one titled Ozone3.jdebug is used on the Win10 host, the other on the Ubuntu VM. The target in both cases is physically the same custom i.MX6S board with 1GB of RAM, and the same JLink.
    Files