[SOLVED] incorrect endianness format returned from JLinkGDBServer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] incorrect endianness format returned from JLinkGDBServer

Hello,

I'm currently working on a tms570lc4357zwt MCU, and I encountered some issue with the JLinkGDBServer executable.
    The mentioned MCU is a big endian target, and the latest versions of the JLinkGDBServer (version 6.50) returns the register values in little endian format.
    A detailed description of the issue is available here: youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-17493
    After reading a thread dealing with similar symptoms (sourceware-org.1504.n7.nabble.…endian-host-td560191.html), I tried to use an older version of the software (6.22, as suggested in the thread), and I can smoothly debug my application.
    Am I missing something, or is it just a regression in your software?

Best regards,

Guillaume
  • Hello Guillaume,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We got similar requests via our support system. It should be fixed with the latest J-Link version V6.52a.
    Could you give it a try?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Guillaume,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.

Sauci wrote:

Sorry for posting this on the forum, I was not aware of that.
    Its fine to post in the forum, I was just pointing out that we were made aware of that through other channels ;)
    Sorry for the confusion.

We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.