Looking for a LCDConf.c example for setting up a ili9488 18bbp display with GUIDRV_FlexColor driver

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Looking for a LCDConf.c example for setting up a ili9488 18bbp display with GUIDRV_FlexColor driver

Hi,

I'm attempting to create a lcd adapter for the Microchip Curiosity PIC MX470 dev board combined with a 3.2"
      240x320 TFT that is controlled by the Microchip Harmony 3 ili9488 SPI 18bpp driver. I am currently using the following configuration below, but the solution halts when running. Has someone on this forum had success using 18bpp flexcolor? My callbacks do not get called. If I set GUICC_565 and GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M16C0B16 the display shows garbled button pixels or partial (1/2 ) of images.

void LCD_X_Config(void)
      {

GUI_DEVICE * pDevice;
      GUI_PORT_API PortAPI = {0};
      CONFIG_FLEXCOLOR Config = {0};

//
      // Set display driver and color conversion for 1st layer
      //
      pDevice = GUI_DEVICE_CreateAndLink(DISPLAY_DRIVER, GUICC_666, 0, 0);

//
      // Display driver configuration
      //
      LCD_SetSizeEx (0, 320, 480);
      LCD_SetVSizeEx(0, 320, 480);

//
      // Function selection, hardware routines (PortAPI) and operation mode (bus, bpp and cache)
      //
      PortAPI.pfWrite32_A0 = spi_Write32A0;
      PortAPI.pfWrite32_A1 = spi_Write32A1;
      PortAPI.pfWriteM32_A0 = spi_WriteM32_A0;
      PortAPI.pfWriteM32_A1 = spi_WriteM32_A1;

// PortAPI.pfSetCS = spi_SetCS;
      GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc(pDevice, &PortAPI, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66709, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M18C0B18);

//
      // Orientation
      //
      Config.Orientation = DISPLAY_ORIENTATION;
      GUIDRV_FlexColor_Config(pDevice, &Config);

//
      // Set custom reading function(s)
      //
      return;
      }
    • Hi,

the GUIDRV_FlexColor driver for the ILI9488 does not support an 18 bit interface.

It supports only 8 and 16 bit interfaces.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.