SSD1963 in 8-bit Mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SSD1963 in 8-bit Mode

Hello
      I have a hardware with STM32F407 and SSD1963 to drive a 4.3 inch TFT display. The SSD1963 is connected to ARM with 8 data pins. It works well by FSMC peripheral and I can write or clear the TFT correctly.
      Now I want add emWin to my project.
      As I know, emWin added "GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M24C0B8" to use with SSD1963 (GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66720) in 8bit mode.
      The problem is when I use "GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M24C0B8" in LCDConf_FlexColor.c the program goes to hard fault in GUI_init function. I see the same result when I use any other kinds of 8-bit modes (i.e. GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M24C0B8).
      About .lib file I use STemWin540_CM4_Keil.lib.
      The attached picture shows the data format of SSD1963.
      I want to know how can I use emWin?
      Any guidance can be helpful.

Thank you for spending time to this thread.
      Images
      • SSD1963 Data Format.JPG

163.36 kB, 1,313×506, viewed 82 times
    • Hi,

It's hard to say what is going wrong.

You have to set some function to write data to LCD controller.
      Do you get into them?

Within GUI_Init() emWin fills the LCD with black, this would mean you get to a specific point without hardfault.

You are using a non cache version of the driver, did you set read functions?
      This is required when using a driver without cache.

How much memory did you spend emWin?
      Try to increase the memory passed to GUI_ALLOC_AssignMemory().

Do you have enough stack?

Regards,
      Sven
    • Hi again and sorry for my late reply.
      Thank you for guidance.

I'd used SSD1963 in 8 bit mode with "M24C0B8". In this mode we should use "PortAPI.pbWite8...", but I'd used "PortAPI.pbWrite16..." in "LCDConf_FlexColor.c" file.
      The problem was that and I hope I explained it correctly.
      It is solved now.

Thanks a lot.