SSD1963 in 8-bit Mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SSD1963 in 8-bit Mode

Hello
      I have a hardware with STM32F407 and SSD1963 to drive a 4.3 inch TFT display. The SSD1963 is connected to ARM with 8 data pins. It works well by FSMC peripheral and I can write or clear the TFT correctly.
      Now I want add emWin to my project.
      As I know, emWin added "GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M24C0B8" to use with SSD1963 (GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66720) in 8bit mode.
      The problem is when I use "GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M24C0B8" in LCDConf_FlexColor.c the program goes to hard fault in GUI_init function. I see the same result when I use any other kinds of 8-bit modes (i.e. GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M24C0B8).
      About .lib file I use STemWin540_CM4_Keil.lib.
      The attached picture shows the data format of SSD1963.
      I want to know how can I use emWin?
      Any guidance can be helpful.

Thank you for spending time to this thread.
      Images
      • SSD1963 Data Format.JPG

163.36 kB, 1,313×506, viewed 1,752 times
    • Hi,

It's hard to say what is going wrong.

You have to set some function to write data to LCD controller.
      Do you get into them?

Within GUI_Init() emWin fills the LCD with black, this would mean you get to a specific point without hardfault.

You are using a non cache version of the driver, did you set read functions?
      This is required when using a driver without cache.

How much memory did you spend emWin?
      Try to increase the memory passed to GUI_ALLOC_AssignMemory().

Do you have enough stack?

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi again and sorry for my late reply.
      Thank you for guidance.

I'd used SSD1963 in 8 bit mode with "M24C0B8". In this mode we should use "PortAPI.pbWite8...", but I'd used "PortAPI.pbWrite16..." in "LCDConf_FlexColor.c" file.
      The problem was that and I hope I explained it correctly.
      It is solved now.

Thanks a lot.