[ABANDONED] Unable to debug with J-Link Ultra+ V4.00

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Unable to debug with J-Link Ultra+ V4.00

Hello everyone,
    I have been working with a J-Link Ultra+ V4.00 for the past few months with no issues until last week.
    When flashing the board the behaviour is as expected: The IDE connects to the debugger, the program is downloaded to the board and verified, and it starts executing.
    However, when trying to debug I get an error that makes this task impossible.
    Let the IDE be CrossStudio for ARM and the MCU be an STM32G070CB. J-Link is running 6.50b.
    When I press F5 (Default short to debug) it downloads the program to the board and waits for my input to start debugging.
    Once I press F5 and after some code execution, I get the following output:

Source Code

1. T-bit of XPSR is 0 but should be 1. Changed to 1.
    2. execute function timed out
    In order to test if it was something related to my code, I went back to a two months old version of it with two different boards. Nothing changed.
    I used those two different boards (same model) just to ensure it was not the one I was using because of me locking he micro-controller.
    The exact same setup is on the desktop next to me, and the J-Link works just fine there, so I assume is something related a cfg file, but I've deleted every single IDE cfg file and still getting this output.

Any ideas?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Are you using custom hardware or an eval board?
    Does a generic connect work using J-Link Commander?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

If not could you post the output as a screenshot?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.