[SOLVED] RTT Viewer 6.50b - copying text from the screen includes invalid characters and select all does nothing.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTT Viewer 6.50b - copying text from the screen includes invalid characters and select all does nothing.

When I copy text off the current RTT viewer and attempt to paste it into a text editor i get weird characters visible.

0000:0150Â 33Â 0DÂ 0AÂ 0DÂ 0AÂ 4FÂ 4BÂ 0DÂ -Â 0AÂ Â

Any idea what could be causing the  character appearing between all the spaces in the words? It never used to do have this behaviour, and logging to file does not include the Â, but if i haven't starting logging it's not much help.

I also used to be able to press Control+A and then copy to get the trace into an editor but this no longer highlights the text on the window.
  • Hello,

Currently, the 'Select' and 'Copy' feature of the J-Link RTT Viewer are not working as intended.
    We are working on a fix for this right now.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

The 'Select' and 'Copy' feature of the J-Link RTT Viewer has been fixed with the most recent version of the J-Link software package.
    You can download the most recent version of the J-Link software package here:

segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.