[SOLVED] ram placement with OS_RAM_SECTION_ATTRIBUTE define

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ram placement with OS_RAM_SECTION_ATTRIBUTE define

Hi

I'd like to force the placement of all embOs variable in the internal SRAM, whereas the standard placement is in the external SDRAM in my linker file.
    I try to use OS_RAM_SECTION_ATTRIBUTE define like this :

Source Code

1. #define OS_RAM_SECTION_ATTRIBUTE @ ".CPU_SRAM"
    and in the linker file :

Source Code

1. define region CPU_SRAM_region = mem:[from 0x00000000 to 0x00001FFFF];
    2. "CPU_SRAM":place in CPU_SRAM_region { section .CPU_SRAM, section .CPU_SRAM.noinit};

It works fine for all module (embOs and others, with the same kind of syntax), but for embOs, I have some compiler warnings :

Source Code

1. variable "_InStage @ ".CPU_SRAM.init"" (declared at line 171 of "C:\Work\Soft\empty-rx-project\libs\asc-framework\Libs\embos\GenOSSrc\OS_Com.c") is an initialized variable in __data32 memory (1 more variable like this)
    2. variable "_abInBuffer @ ".CPU_SRAM.init"" (declared at line 168 of "C:\Work\Soft\empty-rx-project\libs\asc-framework\Libs\embos\GenOSSrc\OS_Com.c") is a zero-initialized variable in __data32 memory (14 more variables like
    because some varaibles are initilized with a specific, and other to 0 in the same C file.

I'd like to know how can i suppress this warnings.

thanks for all

Liscence OS-01165, embOS for renesas RX, IAR compiler
  • Hi Thomas,

that's more a question for IAR.
    Please have a look in the IAR EWRX compiler/linker manual on how to suppress warnings.
    Basically you can do it in the source code and in the project options.

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.