[SOLVED] OZone crash when new hex file is created

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] OZone crash when new hex file is created

Hello,

I use SES feeding into OZone, and one of the issues that I stumble upon occasionally is when I Windows switch focus to OZone when SES is linking OZone crashes. I do have auto re-program turned on.

Windows 10 and the latest revisions of SES and OZone.

I will say not having to switch SES from editing tool to debugger and back saves a significant amount of time. IDE's might be good, but switching modes from development to debugger is a waste of time.
  • Hi. I'd like to report similar behaviour in a different setup: TI Code Composer Studio (latest version) is used to compile for their LAUNCHXL-CC26x2R1 (Cortex M4 CC2562R1 controller) together with Ozone (2.70) and a J-Link Plus to flash and debug it on macOS X 10.14.6.

Using e.g. their BLE Multi-Role example, I compile on CCS, wait until it's done, then switch to Ozone. Prior to switching back, debugging was stopped. When switching back, Ozone asks if it should reload the .elf file. After clicking yes, the UI freezes with about 50% chance. At least, killing and restarting Ozone is fast (imagine this with any Eclipse(-based) IDE), but I'd prefer not to have to.

Can I provide any kind logs etc? Could you check on a similar setup?

Thanks
    Matthias
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Does this problem still persist with the newest version of Ozone?
    If yes, could you provide us with a step-by-step explanation on how to reproduce this issue?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi, thanks for looking into this. Status: I've tried this morning with the latest version and realized that Ozone does not hang forever, however, it takes 45 seconds until it becomes responsive again. So, no full hang, but it's faster to restart it in this situation

I've used the LAUNCHXL-CC26X2R1 Launchpad ti.com/tool/LAUNCHXL-CC26X2R1 but would assume that others will show the behaviour as well.

Here are my steps:

Install Code Composer Studio for Mac from ti.com/tool/download/CCSTUDIO (Use full Installer, web installer didn't work first time today)
    Custom Install, select at least "SimpleLink CC13x and CC26xx Wireless MCUs"

Start Code Composer Studio (an Eclipse-based IDE)
    Select workspace somewhere
    Install all updates and restart
    Select Resource Explorer and wait
    Select Software->SimpleLink CC13x2 26x2 SDK v3.30.00.03->Examples->Development Tools->CC26xR Launchpad->BLE5-Stack->multi_role->TI-RTOS->CCS Compiler->multi_role
    Press "Download and Install" on the detail view and wait for the download to finish (aehm... this took maybe 20 minutes), skip SimpleLink Academy
    Press "Import into IDE"
    Press "Hammer" to build the project
    In Project Explorer, go to multi_role_app...->Binaries->multi_role_app... and right click "Show in Local Terminal"->System Explorer to find .out file

Get LAUNCHXL-CC26XR1 Launchpad
    Remove all but GND, 5V, 3V3 jumpers between XDS debug probe and MCU on Launchpad
    Connect J-Link with 10-pin ARM Cortex adapter to "Target In"
    Power via micro USB

Start Ozone
    Create New Project: Device CC2562R1 with cJTAG
    Open .out file
    Start firmware in Ozone

Back to CCS
    Modify file, e.g. some debug output string Application->multi_role.c to trigger rebuild
    Press Build, wait until complete

Switch to Ozone
    Ozone will ask to reload binary, press YES
    Ozone hangs in about 50% of tries. If not retry updating project

One more: right before Ozone returns, it shows "File not found" (see attachment) for a second or so:

Any idea what Ozone is doing all the time? :)

Thanks
    Matthias
    Images
    • Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 10.49.48.png

49.56 kB, 1,624×342, viewed 256 times
  • Hi,
    The hanging/freezing should be fixed by now in the latest version of Ozone + latest version of the DLL.

Can you confirm?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.