[SOLVED] segger embedded studio failed to connect to target. no id code detected

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] segger embedded studio failed to connect to target. no id code detected

Hi,
    I hope you can help me.

I programmed all of my Thingys (Thingy 52) multiple times with the Developement Bord from Nordic with SEGGER Embedded Studio and there were no problems.
    Now this Error appears at only some of them (3 out of 20):

"Connecting ‘J-Link’ using ‘USB’
    Connecting to target using SWD
    Loaded C:/Program Files (x86)/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 3.52/bin/JLinkARM.dll
    Firmware Version: J-Link OB-SAM3U128-V2-NordicSemi compiled Jan 7 2019 14:07:15
    DLL Version: 6.34b
    Hardware Version: V1.00
    Target Voltage: 3.300
    Device "NRF52832_XXAA" selected.
    connect failed
    Failed to connect to target.
    No idcode detected.

Please check connection and Target Interface Type"

But only with some of the Thingys. The others work perfectly and give that meassage:

"Connecting ‘J-Link’ using ‘USB’
    Connecting to target using SWD
    Loaded C:/Program Files/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 4.12/bin/JLink_x64.dll
    Firmware Version: J-Link OB-SAM3U128-V2-NordicSemi compiled Jul 12 2018 11:44:41
    DLL Version: 6.40`
    Hardware Version: V1.00
    Target Voltage: 3.300
    Device "NRF52832_XXAA" selected.
    Found SW-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
    Found SW-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
    Scanning AP map to find all available APs
    AP[2]: Stopped AP scan as end of AP map has been reached
    AP[0]: AHB-AP (IDR: 0x24770011)
    AP[1]: JTAG-AP (IDR: 0x02880000)
    Iterating through AP map to find AHB-AP to use
    AP[0]: Core found
    AP[0]: AHB-AP ROM base: 0xE00FF000
    CPUID register: 0x410FC241. Implementer code: 0x41 (ARM)
    Found Cortex-M4 r0p1, Little endian.
    FPUnit: 6 code (BP) slots and 2 literal slots
    CoreSight components:
    ROMTbl[0] @ E00FF000
    ROMTbl[0][0]: E000E000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 000BB00C SCS-M7
    ROMTbl[0][1]: E0001000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 003BB002 DWT
    ROMTbl[0][2]: E0002000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 002BB003 FPB
    ROMTbl[0][3]: E0000000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 003BB001 ITM
    ROMTbl[0][4]: E0040000, CID: B105900D, PID: 000BB9A1 TPIU

ROMTbl[0][5]: E0041000, CID: B105900D, PID: 000BB925 ETM"

So I guess the connection is fine, the target interface type is fine (because its the same in both cases), the hardware of the Developement Board and connection Cables are fine, too, because I used the same for both Thingys.

I also tried the solutions of this thread: forum.segger.com/index.php/Thr…nd-target-interface-type/ , but my Target voltage has no problem.

Then I tried the often given tipp with "nrfjprog --recover", but it gave me:
    "Recovering device. This operation might take 30s.
    ERROR: JLinkARM DLL reported an error. Try again. If error condition
    ERROR: persists, run the same command again with argument --log, contact Nordic

ERROR: Semiconductor and provide the generated log.log file to them. "
    back.
    After this I opened SEGGER again and it gave me "J-Link V6.34b Internal Error: SWO can only be used with target interface SWD". (Could that be a hint for sth?)

And I came to this page: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_connect_to_the_CPU and I think because the connection to those now "broken" Thingys worked before, the last point ("After programming the target device, J-Link is no longer able to establish a connection") of this description could be my problem (or more that of my Thingys), but I don't really know what I can do about it. There are only tipps to "prevent" this Error - too late for me/my Thingys :thumbup:

Do you have any idea what I could do about it? :/

Thank you for your help and willingness so read this long Thread :)
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    How is your debug setup exactly here? The commander log says you are using a J-Link OB but if I see correctly the Thingy52 board does not have any J-Link OB. What debug probe are you using here and how are you connecting it to the Thingy board?

Could you give the latest J-Link software version a try? The one you are using is relatively old:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/

Thyra Mathies wrote:

but my Target voltage has no problem.
    Did you measure this with a multimeter or is this an assumption because J-Link Commander shows always 3.3V? In case of the J-Link OB this is a fixed value and is not measured so the actualy VTRef can be anything.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.