[SOLVED] Program via JTAG a “MT28EW01GABA1HPC-0SIT" flash connected to a “MCIMX6S5EVM10ACR”. It's possible ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Program via JTAG a “MT28EW01GABA1HPC-0SIT" flash connected to a “MCIMX6S5EVM10ACR”. It's possible ?

Sorry for disturbance, but I would need help to know if through the JTAG I can program an external flash connected to a microprocessor and in case which SEGGER SW/HW tool I have to use.
    The microprocessor is a “MCIMX6S5EVM10ACR” and through the EIM is connect to a “MT28EW01GABA1HPC-0SIT” Nor-Flash chip. Data bus is 16 bits (D0-15) and Address bus is 26 bits (A0-25). The signals CS0,OE,CE,RY,WE are connected. The microprocessor is provided with the JTAG interface.
    I need this because the Nor-flash chip usually is programmed before being mounted on the board, but now there is the need to rewrite the flash via JTAG to avoid having to disassemble and reassemble the chip from the board.
    Thanks.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The Flash you are using is a CFI compatible Flash. In that case no extra
    Flash loader is needed. All you have to do is to init the memory
    controller of the MCIMX6 and configure J-Link to use that Flash as explained here:
    wiki.segger.com/CFI_Flash

We recommend using a J-Link Plus or higher or a Flasher if you just need a programmer.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.