iMXRT1050-EVKB QSPI Flash issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• iMXRT1050-EVKB QSPI Flash issues

Hi - I'm working on getting the iMXRT1050-EVKB NXP development board running/debugging using the QSPI flash (IS25WP064AJBLE). I've modified the EVKB hardware from the default HyperFlash to QSPI Flash. I've modified the JLinkDevices.xml to use iMXRT105x/NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf. I'm using JLink V6.50a with j-Trace Pro Cortex-M.

Using a logic analyzer I can see that the JLink/Trace is reading/writing the QSPI flash successfully (and the data is what I expect) when it goes thru the comparison/program phase. I can see the QSPI flash being successfully read (and the data is what I expect) where the reset handler entry point code starts. However, the JLink gdb server always fails with:

Starting target CPU...
      ERROR: Can not read register 15 (R15) while CPU is running
      Reading all registers
      ERROR: Can not read register 0 (R0) while CPU is running
      etc

However, if I change the JLinkDevices.xml to use iMXRT102x/NXP_iMXRT102x_QSPI.elf, I can usually get it to work (usually; sometimes it seems that it fails to compare/erase properly).

Is this an issue on my side? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
      -Kevin
    • New

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your inquiry.
      Such an issue is not known to us.
      Does the example project from our Wiki work on your board? Did you follow all steps? It has been tested with the EVK so it should be working:
      wiki.segger.com/i.MXRT1050#QSPI_Flash_2

Did you power cycle the eval board after a failed session? iMX devices are prone to get stuck if something went wrong and only a power on reset clears the device from that state.

Best regards,
      Nino
      Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purpose is user to user interaction.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
      Alternatively our support system can be used as well: segger.com/ticket/