[ABANDONED] Debugging in SES much slower than OZone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Debugging in SES much slower than OZone

Hello,

I updated to SES:4.22 and OZone 2.70 and I am still seeing an issue where debugging is significantly slower.

And by slower, I mean, in OZone when you press F5,F11, or F10 it instantly acts, and you hit the next breakpoint or goes to the correct statement. In SES it can take a few seconds, especially F5 (go).

I am running an up to date Windows10 Pro (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763) system with 16G RAM with about 8GB physical memory free. I am using a JLink Ultra+.

Any clues on what to look for?

many thanks,
    thomas
  • Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us. The debugspeed of both debuggers should be identical as they use the same J-Link API.
    Do you see any unexpected CPU load spikes when debugging with ES?
    Does that happen with any project or only a specific one?
    Could you provide an example project for reproduction purposes?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Nino, in the middle of a few things, but I just checked and the delta seems to have tightened up a bit. My PC has been rebooted since I first posted.

I will collect more data when I can, and give a better test case that you should be able to reproduce.

Many thanks,
    thomas
  • Hello Thomas,

OK thanks for the update. I will put this on hold for now then.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Nino,

I hit upon the slowness in SES again. It is in a project that we have not been concentrating on much, as it was fairly stable.

We are working with a nRF5252840 and the project in question is our modified bootloader/DFU. (SES 4.22 and up to date Windows 10)

I see the following a fair bit.

Now the thing is, I can't seem to find that memory range in the nRF52840 specs or in my project files, or in the nRF52 SDK.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Files
  • Hello,

From the provided files it does not appear that something is linked to that memory area.
    But you seem to be programming a softdevice: mbr_nrf52_2.4.1_mbr.hex
    If I had to guess the memory area on the screenshots fits the memory area covered by that hex.
    Could you check?

Best regards,
    Nino