[SOLVED] Flash Loader Failure when external flash is accessed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flash Loader Failure when external flash is accessed

Hi,
    I'm using j-link in order to program my STM32H743 device via IAR IDE.
    I'm using extened ex-flash (winbond W25Q128JV) with QSPI interface.
    In my code, I defined an image with an address on the external flash.
    __root const unsigned char _acImage_01_16bit565[109512UL+ 1] [b]@ 0x90000000[/b]

When I try to program the device I get the following error window (see attached).
    Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53:14: Flash download warning: 109513 out of 109513 bytes from data record CODE:[0x90000000,0x9001ABC8] will not be flashed
    Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53:14: There were warnings while generating flash loader input.

Do you have any suggestions for programming the device (including the external flash)? I checked the J-Flash tool, but I could not program it right.
    If I need to create my own flash loader can you please advice on how to do it?

Thanks
    Images
    • FlashLoaderError.PNG

29.7 kB, 415×140, viewed 436 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    For the STM32H743 external QSPI Flash is currently not supported.
    segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php

But you can add support yourself by using our open Flash loader interface.
    wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader
    Alternatively we can do it for your, in that case NREs would apply.
    Would that generally be of interest for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Sysmop226 wrote:

For opening and supporting a new device, I need a flash loader, which flash loader can I use?
    STMF7 flash loader would match?
    STM32F7 is not compatible to STM32H7. You would need to write a new Flash loader as explained in the Wiki. Or we can do it for your for NREs.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.