emwin bidirectional uses 66628 bytes of RO data

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• emwin bidirectional uses 66628 bytes of RO data

Hi
      when i add GUI_UC_SetEncodeUTF8(); and GUI_UC_EnableBIDI(1); to my gui thread, gui__bidi2.o uses 66628 bytes of RO data.
      I want to know if it's ok , or i have made a mistake.
      and is there any way to reduce this ro data usage or even using external ram or nand flash instead?
      Thanks a lot.
    • Hi,

Yes, when enabling BIDI support emWin needs more ROM because the BIDI algorithm needs some sort of conversion table.
      So, no mistake from your side.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no way to reduce it.

The information is required to distinguish between the different types of characters.

Since we cover the UC ranges from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF this table gets quite large.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.