[SOLVED] Create a new solution containing other SES projects

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Create a new solution containing other SES projects

Hi Nino and fellow developers,

I have been working on two applications and now I want to combine both these projects in one solution so I can debug together; first application being a bootloader and the second being our runtime application.

I create a new "empty solution"; right click add existing project and add in the two projects. My project explorer seems to show these now as a top level solution containing two solutions each containing a project. See attachment.

I now try and build the two applications; both builds fail.

I then look into the two projects from the IDE; and I see different options as when the projects were individually built in their own solutions.

The bootloader fails to build as it is too big; I check the optimisation level and it has changed from "optimise for size" to "none"; if I try and modify this setting it appears to be locked to "none".

This appears to be an issue with inherited settings/configuration.

How do I achieve what I want to do?
    Is there a recommended way?

Kind Regards,
    Owain
    Images
    • combinedProjects.jpg

284.5 kB, 1,160×828, viewed 773 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    To make sure we understand you correctly here, is everything working now?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.