[ABANDONED] Jlink Firmware V10.10 causes problems that V9.40 does not have

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Jlink Firmware V10.10 causes problems that V9.40 does not have

I use KDS 3.2 for most of my debugging, but I installed MCUXpresso 11.0 for another project, and it reflashed my J-link EDU to firmware version V10.10. (DLL is 6.42a )
    After this change, whenever I want to relaunch or terminate and relaunch a debug session (to load a software revision) I get a 'cannot connect to J-link... ' error.
    Simple fix, I would disconnect the J-link USB cable and reconnect it, and all would be fine.

I discovered that a j-link with version V9.40 did not have this problem.

It was very annoying. right now when I was verifying this, it seems to have cured itself after switching from the V10.10 J-link, to a V9.40 J-link, and back to the V10.10 J-link this problem seems to no longer exist.

Brynn
  • Hello Brynn,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Brynn wrote:

It was very annoying. right now when I was verifying this, it seems to have cured itself after switching from the V10.10 J-link, to a V9.40 J-link, and back to the V10.10 J-link this problem seems to no longer exist.
    This sounds alot like the USB communication from PC to J-Link was broken. So it is not necessarily a J-Link issue.
    Are you using a USB Hub or is your J-Link directly connected to the PC?
    Are you using the original USB cable that have been shipped with your J-Link?
    Were you using the V9 and V10 J-Link on the same USB port?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.