[SOLVED] The selected device "MCIMXRT1052" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] The selected device "MCIMXRT1052" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software.

I have the iMXRT1050EVKB board and am trying to flash on Linux with: JLink_Linux_V646k_x86_64/JLinkExe -device MCIMXRT1051 -CommandFile flex_imx1050.jlink

I get this error: The selected device "MCIMXRT1051" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software.

I see the entry in the JLinkDevices.xml file though:
    <Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="NXP" Name="MCIMXRT1051" WorkRAMAddr="0x20000000" WorkRAMSize="0x00080000" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_M7" JLinkScriptFile="Devices/NXP/iMXRT105x/NXP_iMXRT105x.pex" />
    <FlashBankInfo Name="QSPI Flash" BaseAddr="0x60000000" MaxSize="0x04000000" Loader="Devices/NXP/iMXRT105x/NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf" LoaderType="FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_OPEN" />
    </Device>

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The reported behaviour is reproducible and we are working on a fix.

As a workaround you can cd into the J-Link install folder under /opt/SEGGER and launch the JLinkExe directly with ./JLinkExe.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.

We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.