[SOLVED] Some Keys not working correctly with NEO2 Keyboard Layout

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Some Keys not working correctly with NEO2 Keyboard Layout

Hi,

im using Windows with NEO2 Keyboard Layout.
    Now i noticed that is Segger Embedded Studio some Keys are not working properly.

I have Problems with STRG-C/V/X (maby others too) and all special characters in the third layer.
    So i have to press }{)(><-"';:& and so on twice!! Thats really bad for programming... :(

Is there a solution for that other than switching back to QWERTZ Layout?

thanks,
    regards Philipp
  • Hello Phillip,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Currently there are no plans to add keyboard layout support for other layouts than the ones supported by the corresponding OS.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello Phillip,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Currently there are no plans to add keyboard layout support for other layouts than the ones supported by the corresponding OS.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Hi,

Neo2 is supported by the OS. Its only an alternative Keyboard Layout which has to be installed.
    It works in all other apps correctly, but not in SES.

best regards,
    philipp
  • Hello Phillip,

st0ne wrote:

Neo2 is supported by the OS. Its only an alternative Keyboard Layout which has to be installed.
    Yes, so it is the other way around, Neo2 supports the OS. Otherwise the layout would be shipped per default with the OS and supported by the OS vendor. This is not the case.

st0ne wrote:

It works in all other apps correctly, but not in SES.
    It worked for applications that you tested. Embedded Studio simply uses the OS's IO interface and the keyboard layouts provided by the OS do all work.
    This leads to the conclusion that Neo2 is implementing something non standard or is buggy under certain circumstances. As we did not write the Neo2 keyboard layout we suggest getting in contact with the Neo2 support team.

We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

ok, i have solved the problem now and write here if others have the same problem.

I talked to neo2 guys in IRC and the problem here is with QT. So the problem should exist on other QT apps as well.

The solution is to use the QUERTZ driver and install neo2 with stand alone AHK script. The Autohotkey translates QUERTZ to neo2 and then everything is working correctly.

best regards
    philipp