[SOLVED] Ozone ETM trace limit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone ETM trace limit

Hello,

It seems there is a hard limit on the captured instructions. In my case, the number of instructions is limited at around 67M, even though I set "Maximum instruction count" to 10G. I wonder if this is a hard limit or something configurable elsewhere.

In addition, whenever I stop the target, previous trace is lost. Is there an option to retain previous trace when resuming at break point?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    J-Trace PRO will currently buffer instruction trace data up to 64 MB (depending on your target device this can be more or less than 67M datapoints). We are currently working on expanding Ozone and J-Trace PRO so you can select to buffer more data into either your host PCs RAM or to one or multiple trace files. This can be then reloaded to Ozone at a later time for analysis or you can use your own analyzers if you save the data into a file.
    Our current schedule is to make this available within the next 2 months.

rabbitlennon wrote:

In addition, whenever I stop the target, previous trace is lost. Is there an option to retain previous trace when resuming at break point?
    You can get around this by exporting the instruction trace data after each stop.
    This can also be automated.
    See here for more details:
    wiki.segger.com/Automated_Tests_with_Ozone

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Thanks for the reply.

SEGGER - Nino wrote:

We are currently working on expanding Ozone and J-Trace PRO so you can select to buffer more data into either your host PCs RAM or to one or multiple trace files.
    1: Do I need a new J-Trace POR hardware to use this feature?
    2: Can I use the SDK to save the trace to files already?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

1: No, you can use your current J-Trace PRO. It will be launched with a J-Link software release which are available for free so you just need to install the latest software when it is available.
    2: Currently not possible.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• SEGGER - Nino wrote:

You can get around this by exporting the instruction trace data after each stop.
    This can also be automated.
    See here for more details:
    wiki.segger.com/Automated_Tests_with_Ozone
    Thanks for the guide. I used Trace.ExportCSV() to export a file on every breakpoint. However, the file name can only be provided with a constant string. Any way to give a distinct file name on each invocation of Trace.ExportCSV()? For example, a self-increasing static/global integer which can be converted to a char string. I checked the documentation of the Script file language but didn't find any workaround.
  • Hello,

rabbitlennon wrote:

If I buy SDK now, can I get a free update with that feature?
    J-Link SDK comes with 6 months of free updates. After that the license needs to be renewed.

rabbitlennon wrote:

Any way to give a distinct file name on each invocation of Trace.ExportCSV()? For example, a self-increasing static/global integer which can be converted to a char string. I checked the documentation of the Script file language but didn't find any workaround.
    This is currently not available but we will add this to our wish list for Ozone.

Best regards,
    Nino