[SOLVED] Jlink SDK ETM and ITM support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink SDK ETM and ITM support

Hello,

I need to capture both ETM and ITM trace at the same time. If I understand correctly, if trace pins are used, both ETM and ITM data are routed to J-trace. However, in the manual of Ozone, it is state that "The simultaneous use of multiple trace data channels in Ozone is currently not supported". Here I think data channels refer to trace pins/trace buffer/swo.

My question is, if I chose trace pins, can I get instruction trace and ITM data simultaneously in Ozone? If not, is it supported in SDK?

Thanks!

The post was edited 1 time, last by rabbitlennon ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Correct, different data channels would be trace pins, trace buffer and SWO. Only one can be evaluated at a time.
    But ETM and ITM packets can be channeled through the trace pins at the same time. This has to be supported by the target device however.
    J-Link software will do this automatically when available for timestamp packages from the ITM.
    For other packet types you can use the SWO API from the J-Link SDK.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.