[SOLVED] Internal flash memory erased using J-Link Commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Internal flash memory erased using J-Link Commander

Hi,
    I am using Cortex M4 EFM32 Pearl gecko chip (EFM32PG12B500F1024GL125) to write and read a configuration file using J-Link Commander. While doing this process, I erased the internal flash memory of the chip using "erase" command.
    Is there any way by which I can get my memory back? Someone suggested me ti use bootloader files, but I can not find any relevant information about it online

Please tell me a process of getting back my internal flash memory.

Thank you
  • japa wrote:

I am using Cortex M4 EFM32 Pearl gecko chip (EFM32PG12B500F1024GL125) to write and read a configuration file using J-Link Commander
    I don't really understand what you mean by that - please explain further.

A diagram might help...

japa wrote:

I erased the internal flash memory of the chip using "erase" command. Is there any way by which I can get my memory back?
    No. 'Erase' really does erase - all the Flash bits are set to '1'.

You will have to re-program the chip with whatever was in it before.

japa wrote:

Someone suggested me ti use bootloader
    That assumes that there is a bootloader in the chip - you will have to check the manufacturer's documentation for details.

If there is a bootloader, that would, indeed, be one way to re-program the chip.

But, as you have a J-Link, you can use that to re-program the chip.

Whatever, you sill need to find whatever it was that was originally programmed into the chip.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    If you issue a simple erase command with J-Link Commander or Embedded Studio and similar it will erase all internal Flash Banks.
    This includes the BootROM for this device as it is configurable.

If you are debugging with Embedded Studio there is usually never the need to explicitly call erase. Simply start the debug session. J-Link software will then only erase the necessary Flash regions instead of all Flash.

Nonetheless we are going to improve J-Link softwares behaviour in future so you are prompted with a pop up asking you which areas are considered active and should be erased when a simple erase is called.

japa wrote:

Please tell me a process of getting back my internal flash memory.
    We have no information about this as this is a target specific question. We suggest contactint SiLabs support in that case.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

This would of course be only a one time pop up which would then be saved for future sessions for that device in the current setup context.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.