[SOLVED] Ozone on debian buster segfault

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone on debian buster segfault

I am running Ozone 2.60 on Debian Buster with a JLink EDU
    It works great and very happy with it.
    I tried to go further and use the SWO o the cortex processor I am working with. So I click Tools Trace Settings and I get a segfault straight away.
    I check for updates, then install the V2.62e deb. This also segfaults on Trace settings.

I will not state anything about processor etc as it segfaults on an empty project.

I think that the deb file is lacking a dependancy.

This is the last lines of strace:

Difference-File

1. [pid 2845] access("/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.0/intel-spi/uevent", F_OK) = 0
    2. [pid 2845] readlinkat(AT_FDCWD, "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.0/intel-spi/subsystem", "../../../../bus/platform", 4096) = 24
    3. [pid 2845] openat(AT_FDCWD, "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.0/intel-spi/uevent", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 18
    4. [pid 2845] fstat(18, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
    5. [pid 2845] fstat(18, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
    6. [pid 2845] read(18, "DEVTYPE=mfd_device\nMODALIAS=plat"..., 4096) = 47
    7. [pid 2845] read(18, "", 4096) = 0
    8. [pid 2845] close(18) = 0
    9. [pid 2845] openat(AT_FDCWD, "/run/udev/data/+platform:intel-spi", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    10. [pid 2845] getdents64(17, /* 0 entries */, 32768) = 0
    11. [pid 2845] close(17) = 0
    12. <snip>
    13. [pid 2845] access("/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.0/0000:02:00.0/uevent", F_OK) = 0
    14. [pid 2845] readlinkat(AT_FDCWD, "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.0/0000:02:00.0/subsystem", "../../../../bus/pci", 4096) = 19
    15. [pid 2845] openat(AT_FDCWD, "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.0/0000:02:00.0/uevent", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 18
    16. [pid 2845] fstat(18, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
    17. [pid 2845] fstat(18, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
    18. [pid 2845] read(18, "DRIVER=e1000e\nPCI_CLASS=20000\nPC"..., 4096) = 161
    19. [pid 2845] read(18, "", 4096) = 0
    20. [pid 2845] close(18) = 0
    21. [pid 2845] openat(AT_FDCWD, "/run/udev/data/+pci:0000:02:00.0", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC <unfinished ...>
    22. [pid 2826] --- SIGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SI_KERNEL, si_addr=NULL} ---
    23. [pid 2845] <... openat resumed> ) = 18
    24. [pid 2843] <... futex resumed> ) = ? <unavailable>
    25. [pid 2847] <... select resumed> <unfinished ...>) = ?
    26. [pid 2846] <... select resumed> <unfinished ...>) = ?
    27. [pid 2842] <... select resumed> <unfinished ...>) = ?
    28. [pid 2829] <... select resumed> <unfinished ...>) = ?
    29. [pid 2828] <... futex resumed>) = ?
    30. [pid 2827] <... futex resumed>) = ?
    31. [pid 2847] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    32. [pid 2846] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    33. [pid 2845] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    34. [pid 2843] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    35. [pid 2842] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    36. [pid 2829] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    37. [pid 2828] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    38. [pid 2827] +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    39. +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
    40. Segmentation fault
    Display All
    Has anybody else seen this?

Am I allowed to use Trace Settings and SWO with an EDU?

Any help gratefully accepted.

The rest of Ozone seems to work fine. :)

I should have said the desktop is KDE.

I made another debian PC with Stretch and different desktop, Mate. Tools->Trace Settings does not crash. I see SWO active in the terminal window but no SWO activity, ITM_Print(0,"hello") works in JLinkSWOViewer. So I will have to do more research as the main thing I want to try is Watch but I can't get that to work at all yet.

I upgraded this new PC to Buster and I get the segfault. I thought it may just because of KDE but it would seem to be Buster and beyond.

Thanks

The post was edited 3 times, last by billium: further information: ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The issue should be fixed with Ozone V2.62f. Could you give it a try?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Great thanks Nino that stopped the segfault.

If I can find out how I'll mark as solved.

One point though, if I use JLinkSWOViewer I can see my ITM_Print(0,"hello") but although the terminal now has 'SWO Active' I do not see anything when the processor is running. (All it is doing is sending ITM print messages every second)

Is there something else I have to activate?

Thanks
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.

billium wrote:

If I can find out how I'll mark as solved.
    Don't worry I will take care of it.

billium wrote:

One point though, if I use JLinkSWOViewer I can see my ITM_Print(0,"hello") but although the terminal now has 'SWO Active' I do not see anything when the processor is running. (All it is doing is sending ITM print messages every second)
    All you have to do is enable SWO in trace settings in Ozone. Make sure that the standalone SWOViewer is not active at the same time as the SWO data can only be requested once by one tool.
    Did you enable SWO capture in the Ozone Terminal window by right clicking in it and select capture SWO?
    If you did the two above, what target device are you looking to enable SWO on? Some of them require target specific steps that might not get loaded properly here.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• They are not active at the same time and the SWO box is ticked.
    I am using a STM32F103C8 (blue pill) With PB3 wired to SWO and PB4 wired to NRST of the JLink plug.

I have not done enough research on this last problem to waste any of your time on this, I was just asking in case it was a known fault or the should be something easy to explain.

I can start a new thread if I am stuck after further research.

Thanks again for your valuable help. :)
  • Hello,

Attached you can find an example SWO project that contains an Ozone project which will output the SWO stream in Ozone terminal.
    Could you give that a try?
    I tested it with our STM32F103 Nucleo Board that we have in house and everything is working as expected.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Files

• Hello Nino

Thanks a lot for this. Yes it works in both the Ozone terminal and the standalone viewer.

After trying this I found I had my system clock wrong.

I think that it worked in the standalone SWO viewer made me think the STM32 settings were o.k.

This should be very helpful in the future.

Thanks again Nino. :)
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino