Alphanumeric keypad

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alphanumeric keypad

Hi all,
      I have to create alphanumeric keypad. For that I am creating 2 dialog boxes fr 1 screen. First dialog box contains edit widget and some title, and will remain same. other dialog box will change like : First Alphabets then on press of button some special characters.
      I created dialogs using GUI_CreateDialogBox and for other dialogs i am giving parent as the main dialog which is fixed.
      Problem: I am setting input focus for edit widget in dialog1 and inputs are given in dialog2 which is a different dialog. I am getting the input to edit widget but curser is not blinking.I am using EDIT_EnableBlink for cursor blinking but nothing is happening.
      Can someone tell me how to implement this.
      Thanks
      Kusum :)
    • Hi,

I guess the EDIT widget stops blinking because it looses the focus when pressing a button. You can configure the buttons to not receive the focus by calling BUTTON_SetFocusable(hButton, 0).

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • HI Sven,
      Thanks for the reply. I have not pressed any button, while launching itself cursor came and stopped.
      Basically what i want is to create an alphanumeric keypad where i need to have one edit widget and one window which will be having alphabets and other button, on press of some button this screen should switch to special characters screen for that i am deleting the 1st screen and creating back.
      At the same time edit widget should not be deleted.
      For that what i tried is I created one separate edit widget and one dialog box which is having alphabets. but the problem is there is a delay in drawing. Dialogbox is created fast but edit widget is coming slower. We can visually see the difference. How can i avoid that.
      Also if you have such example of implementing alphanumeric keypad please tell me.

Thanks
      Kusum
    • Hi,

I dug through my examples box and found something.

Attached is an example with an EDIT widget and a keypad. It is made for a screen of 480x272 pixels, so for another screen size it would require some changes.

If you click on the EDIT widget a keypad gets shown. You can hide and show the keypad by clicking on the little button in the lower reight corner.

The keypad also has special characters when pressing the shift key. The Alt and Ctrl key have no function but it can be implemented.

Regards,
      Sven
      Files
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.