emWin : GUI_SetOrientation() issue - Memory related?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• emWin : GUI_SetOrientation() issue - Memory related?

Good day all,
      I am using the NXP I.MXRT1064-EVK for some screen prototyping with the following constraints/features:
      - Using precompiled emWin from NXP. - Interesting note, LCD_GetNumLayers() always returns 1.
      - Using a ST7789 display driver (320x240, 16bits per pixel)
      - emWin is working, I am able to write text/draw images/create graphs on the display.
      - One screen buffer should be a total of 153,000 bytes.
      - I have a total of 350,000 bytes declared as part of GUI_NUMBYTES.
      - I have GUI_BUFFERS of 2
      When calling GUI_SetOrientation() I am getting a return value of 1. Which by the documentation, looks to be a failure.
      From trawling the web, I am seeing this usually occurs when emWin has not been given enough memory as GUI_SetOrientation creates a new frame. I am sure I have declared more than enough memory for the two frames however I am still receiving this error.

Thank you!
    • Hi,

Yes, the function GUI_SetOrientation() creates a memory device in the background which gets used to rotate the content of the display. Of course, this device requires some memory.

The better way is to rotate by selecting a rotated version of the driver.

With the GUIDRV_FlexColor driver you can rotate by setting the rotation when initializing the driver. For example:

C Source Code

1. Config.Orientation = LCD_SWAP_XY | LCD_MIRROR_X;
      2. GUIDRV_FlexColor_Config(pDevice, &Config);

ChrisLingwoodKromek wrote:

- I have GUI_BUFFERS of 2
      This has no effect for the GUIDRV_FlexColor driver. The number of buffers is for multi buffering which is only available for the GUIDRV_Lin driver.

With GUIDRV_FlexColor you can select a chached version of the driver (last paramter needs a 1 in its name):

GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc(pDevice, &PortAPI, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66709, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M16C1B16);

Please note, that the memory for the cache gets allocated from the memory assign to emWin in GUI_X_Config().

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.