[SOLVED] Keil Cortex-M7 ETM Trace support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Currently there are no plans to add support for Cortex-M7 tracing to Keil from our side.
    It is available via our generic J-Link/J-Trace API for a couple of years now but Keil uses their proprietary integration.
    This would mean double the coding and double the maintenance effort from our side for a feature that has been available for quite a while which is why adding support is currently not viable to us.

For the best trace experience including Cortex-M7 tracing we recommend using our stand alone debug software Ozone:
    segger.com/products/development-tools/ozone-j-link-debugger/
    It is free to use with J-Trace PRO and works with uVision output files.

A collection of trace example projects can be found here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…echnology/tested-devices/

What target device are you looking to trace?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks you for your answer.

For the best trace experience including Cortex-M7 tracing we recommend using our stand alone debug software Ozone:
    - I know Ozone - the last version I used didn't had the ability to search in ETM Trace log which made Ozone almost useless for us :(

What target device are you looking to trace?
    - STM32F765II
  • Hello,

DawidS wrote:

I know Ozone - the last version I used didn't had the ability to search in ETM Trace log which made Ozone almost useless for us
    Could you elaborate how you can do this in Keil? I just tested the latest uVision version and their instruction trace window was not searchable whatsoever.
    If you are looking to dump the trace data and search it with an editor or similar you can do so in Ozone by right clicking the instruction trace data in the instruction trace window and select export.
    Is that what you were looking for?

DawidS wrote:

STM32F765II
    Here is an example project that will run out of the box in Ozone:
    wiki.segger.com/Tracing_on_ST_STM32F767

It is configured as 1-bit trace as a flying wire setup has been used for testing as the Nucleo boards do not offer a proper trace header.
    To enable 4-bit trace either set JLINK_TRACE_PortWidth in the JLinkScript to 4 or comment out that line. Then you can control that value in Ozone under Tools-Trace Settings.

Is the example project working on your target board?

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.