[SOLVED] Data Breakpoint expressions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Data Breakpoint expressions

Hello,
    I'm debugging my application for nrf52840 and trying to use a data breakpoint mechanism. But faced with some not understanding.

I want the breakpoint to work according to the condition “the value of the variable is greater than” and I write the following expression:

my_variable > 0xfe

and it's not work. A breakpoints isn't active in breakpoints window.

but another expression my_variable == 0xfe is worked.

What am I doing wrong when describing a condition? I did everything according to the documentation (Embedded Studio for ARM Reference Manual, Breakpoint expressions).

I use SES v4.18.

p.s my_variable - it's uint32_t varible

thanks,
    Images
    • 1.png

15.83 kB, 744×254, viewed 901 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    This behaviour is expected as Cortex-M targets only support data breakpoints with masked conditions e.g. ==.
    So this is unfortunately a limitation of the target device you are using as explained in the Embedded Studio manual.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Good day,
    Thanks, I did not immediately see your answer, I apologize.

the following construction works:
    (uint32_t *) 0x20008948> 0x3c, where 0x20008948 - address of interesting variable.

Best regards,
    Maxim