How to call GUI_Clear to clear the background so that next widow will be created smoothly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to call GUI_Clear to clear the background so that next widow will be created smoothly

Hi all,
      I want to understand how we can use GUI_clear() API and how it works. I have created one keypad window which has only numbers. 0-9, Back and enter button. now on press of enter button i need to create alphanumeric keypad which has many buttons.
      Problem is that when i am creating the second keypad by deleting the first one, the creation is not smooth i.e I can still see that clearing has not happened for first window. How can i achieve that?
      I have tried first deleting the window then set the color to black and call GUI_Clear() but this is not helping out. Is there any other way?

Thanks
      Kusum Swarankar
    • Hi,

This is most likely because the background window (WM_HBKWIN) does not "know" how to redraw itself.

You can either set a color for WM_HBKWIN,

C Source Code

1. WM_SetDesktopColor(GUI_BLACK);

or you set a custom callback function which manages the look of WM_HBKWIN:

C Source Code

1. #include "DIALOG.h"
      2. static void _cbBk(WM_MESSAGE * pMsg) {
      3. switch (pMsg->MsgId) {
      4. case WM_PAINT:
      5. GUI_SetBkColor(GUI_BLACK);
      6. GUI_Clear();
      7. break;
      8. default:
      9. WM_DefaultProc(pMsg);
      10. break;
      11. }