[SOLVED] Connecting to J-Link under Windows Hyper-V?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Connecting to J-Link under Windows Hyper-V?

I've started using Hyper-V on my Windows 10 system in order to sandbox different development environments. But my J-Link isn't showing up inside the Hyper-V virtual machine. Reading the web, it appears that (perhaps) Hyper-V will only allow storage devices to be passed through from the primary environment. Is this true? Or is it possible to communicate with the J-Link from inside a Hyper-V environment? If so, how?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    J-Link behaves as a regular USB Device so the device must most likely be forwarded to your VM. How is VM software specific and is not related to SEGGER software.
    We suggest contacting Microsoft support in this case.

As an alternative we suggest using VMWare or Virtualbox as we have many customers using this VM software successfully with J-Link.
    For Hyper-V we have no customer reports yet.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.