1. How to check if the window is modal? 2. How to get a handle of parent dialog window by a handle of its child widget?​​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1. How to check if the window is modal? 2. How to get a handle of parent dialog window by a handle of its child widget?​​

Hello.

1. How to check if the window is modal?
      2. How to get a handle of parent dialog window by a handle of its child widget?
      Best regards,
      Volodymyr.
    • Hello,

1. Not sure if there is a special function in emWin, at least from documented, therefore, I’m afraid, again I’m going to tell about saving a window handle before making it modal and then checking a handle of necessary window if it matches to saved handle :) . Maybe Sven would clarify it.

2. Maybe you are looking for WM_GetParent() function.

Alex.

The post was edited 1 time, last by LexaGB ().

• Hi all,

Unfortunately, there is no API function yet to get the modal window (wondering why..). I will add such a function, but it might take while till it gets released.

For now you should use LexasGBs solution.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • SEGGER - Schoenen wrote:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, there is no API function yet to get the modal window (wondering why..). I will add such a function, but it might take while till it gets released.

For now you should use LexasGBs solution.

Regards,
      Sven

I think that the WM_MakeModal function should also have a symmetric function like "WM_CancelModal". Because now there is no function to cancel the modality of the window.

Also I would like to know if there is a simple and elegant way to make the Dialog-window modal in relation to another Dialog-window or to a group of Dialog-windows, but not to all windows that has been created.

In other words, is there any way to forbid any reactions to the PID (mouse/touchpad) of one window while another window is open above it and has focus for PID-control?
      I mean to do it exactly like WM_MakeModal but only for certain specified window(s).
      Because WM_DisableWindow gives unneccessary visual effects.
      Best regards,
      Volodymyr.

The post was edited 2 times, last by volodymyr ().