[SOLVED] J-Link Results Output

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Results Output

Hi-

I am trying to use J-Link in a command prompt that is controlled by LabVIEW. I am using the CommanderScript method, and am able to control the J-Link, but am unable to get any useful returned data. I have tried creating a log file, but it simply tells me the times some of the function were done, not anything about the STATUS of the various steps (like the uP already has an up-to-date load).

Is there a way to get the information that exists on the cmd screen under J-Link to either be returned or logged?

Also, while searching for this question, I ran across another thing I would like help with: I would like to disable the pop-up that appears per [SOLVED] Disable popups from J-Link Commander.

In this thread, a solution apparently exists, but requires a non-documented command. May I have this command and its use?

Thanks for the help!

-Randy
  • Hello Randy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

rgrunwell wrote:

Is there a way to get the information that exists on the cmd screen under J-Link to either be returned or logged?
    You can enable in J-Link Commander to exit the script when running into an error by calling command exitonerror. See J-Link manual for more information.

For a proper LavView implementation we recommend using the J-Link SDK:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/
    It also comes with a LabView sample so you can gain full control over your J-Link probe out of LabView without relying on external programs.

rgrunwell wrote:

In this thread, a solution apparently exists, but requires a non-documented command. May I have this command and its use?
    Sure, I will send you a PM.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino-

Thanks for the reply.

SEGGER - Nino wrote:

You can enable in J-Link Commander to exit the script when running into an error by calling command exitonerror. See J-Link manual for more information.
    I was hoping for a complete capture of all information from J-Link, not only errors. Is that possible?

SEGGER - Nino wrote:

For a proper LavView implementation we recommend using the J-Link SDK:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/
    Thank you for the SDK suggestion, but the cost is prohibitive; that is the cost of a LabVIEW license!
  • hi,Nino and Randy
    I am also trying to use J-Link in a command prompt that is controlled by automatic SW. I am using the CommanderScript method, and am able to control the J-Link, but am unable to get any useful returned data.

do you have ways to print the log in the GUI tool (SEGGER J-Flash V6.12a) to command prompt window when error happens ? I can not find in the manual guide.
    you may understand what I'm saying from my attachment.
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

198.07 kB, 1,644×979, viewed 1,113 times
  • Hi davidxiong-

I found a work-around: I use the old DOS pipe "|" and "more" commands. Here is my CMD input:

cmd /c JLink -device %s -CommanderScript "%s" | more

The first %s is the target device number, the second is the complete filename of the .jlink CommanderScript file. This returns everything that you see on the screen to the standard output pin on the CMD vi.

I hope this helps!

-Randy