[SOLVED] How to connect to CR16C RISC CPU of CP3CN37 chip?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to connect to CR16C RISC CPU of CP3CN37 chip?

I need to debug the CPU inside the TI (former NS) bluetooth/CAN chip called CP3CN37...
    I have the datasheet of TI but they won't tell anything special about JTAG but providing the pins for it. When i attach the J-Link probe i don't know which CPU type to choose as i don't find the above chip type in the list.

If i choose some generic one just to probe the chip i get this JTAG ID out of it:

ConfigTargetSettings() start
    ConfigTargetSettings() endTotalIRLen = 8, IRPrint = 0x0001JTAG chain detection found 1 devices: #0 Id: 0x0FB1501F, IRLen: 08, Unknown device****** Error: CPU-TAP not found in JTAG chain
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    CR16C CPUs are not supported by J-Link nor are there currently any plans to add support.
    So currently it is not possible to connect to such a CPU via J-Link.
    A list with supported core types can be found here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…pported-cpus-and-devices/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.