[SOLVED] RTT viewer command line --autoconnect error 9009

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTT viewer command line --autoconnect error 9009

Hello,

I am trying to get the --autoconnect feature of JLinkRTTViewer.exe to launch the viewer and start a new connection over usb like so:

Shell-Script

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLinkRTTViewer.exe" --autoconnect --serialnumber 123456789 --device STM32F427II --interface swd --connection usb

When I launch the above command, the window briefly appears then the application exits with error code 9009 (echo %ERRORLEVEL%). Without --autoconnect works but with the dialog for setting up the device.

Serial number is the right one (tested with JLink.exe).

Version is V6.46.d.

How can I get RTT Viewer to launch from command line without the dialog?

Cheers,
    Joe
  • Hello Joe,

Thank you for your inquiry and for reporting this issue to us.
    Your command line is correct.
    A bug was introduced with the most recent version (V6.46d) that causes --autoconnect to crash the RTTViewer.
    This bug has already been fixed internally. The fix will be part of the next release of the J-Link software package, which is planned for Friday this week (14th June 2019).
    We are sorry for any inconveniences caused by this.

If you are interested in a preliminary version of the J-Link RTT Viewer containing this fix, please do not hesitate to send me a private message.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.