LISTVIEW re-sorting when non-sorted column cell is updated

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LISTVIEW re-sorting when non-sorted column cell is updated

Hi,

We're using a LISTVIEW with up to 1000 rows and 6 columns and allow sorting on three of the columns.

When the LISTVIEW has more than a few hundred items, sorting becomes very slow (> 10 seconds) but we can probably live with this.
      However it seems that when the LISTVIEW is sorted, if I modify the contents of a cell in a non-sortable column, not only is the LISTVIEW re-drawn, but it gets re-sorted too.

I'm attempting to use cells in the non-sorted columns as status indications, so the endless re-sorting makes it unusably slow with large numbers of rows.

Is this expected behaviour and is there any way to suppress the re-sort whenever any cell is updated ?

For reference we are using emWin V5.40.

Thanks for any help with this.

Regards,

Steve
    • Hi Steve,

Indeed, this behavior is not that good. We will change the behavior that only changing text in sorted columns will cause a re-sort.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do for now.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Sven,

Thanks for your response.

I think we have a way to workaround now where we store our statuses in a separate array and then use an owner draw for those cells so that we can retrieve the information from our own array - not ideal but it works.

Once again thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards,

Steve