[ABANDONED] Set Active Configuration from command line

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Set Active Configuration from command line

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to set the active configuration when launching emStudio from the command line. The "Environment/Build/Set Active Build Configuration" option doesn't exist (to use with the set-settings argument), I think.
    If not, what would be a way to do this? With a different project file for each configuration?

Thanks for any help.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Embedded Studio itself does not offer a CL. What is your setup? Why do you need to have a specific configuration active when Embedded Studio starts?
    Is this for convenience or does it have some deeper importance?
    If you are looking to have some build automation the embuild tool can be used instead with Embedded Studio project files. emBuild is shipped with Embedded Studio. How to use it is explained in the Embedded Studio manual.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Why do you need to have a specific configuration active when Embedded Studio starts?
    My reason (in the linked thread) is that it is quite likely that one of the configurations will be the current "preferred" configurations - and that is unlikely to be dictated purely by alphabetical order!

eg, during development, there may be different configurations to match evolving hardware revisions.

I know that VisualStudio provides this option.

@noebrun : as noted in the linked thread, the selected configuration is defined in the the emsession file - could you make use of that ... ?