[ABANDONED] JFlash Cypress PSoC Protection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JFlash Cypress PSoC Protection

I am working to enable the readout protection on the cypress chips. I was able to secure the cypress chips using the psoc programmer. The factory here uses JFlash utility to enable the readout protection on the psoc chips, I was able to secure the chip protection, but wasnt able to unsecure it for reprogramming. I have been trying to use the method mentioned in the following link : wiki.segger.com/PSoC_4xxx_seri…vice_before_reprogramming.

Can i get some help on that?

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Hello Vikram,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Which PSoC are you using exactly?
    As stated in the Wiki article the unlock sequence is target specific and must be done by the user e.g. via a JLinkScript file.
    More information about JLinkScript files can be found in the J-Link user manual.
    For the target specific unlock sequence we recommend contacting Cypress support.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Which J-Link software version are you using when trying to unlock?
    With the latest version you should get a pop up asking if you want to unlock the device.
    Do you get an unlock pop up when using the latest J-Link software version and does selecting yes unlock the device?
    What OS does your production PC run?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.