[SOLVED] Ozone Target.Write() problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone Target.Write() problems

Hey,

I'm having some problems with the Target.Write( ) function not writing the data to the target until I call Elf.GetExprValue()

I have a function that does a read/write modify on a variable using Target.Read() and Target.Write(). The problem is the write doesn't take effect until after I call Elf.GetExprValue() on the variable being written to. I can also add the variable to the watched data to get the write to take effect (or just mouse over the variable in the source code).

Simplified code looks like this:

C Source Code

1. var_addr = Elf.GetExprValue("&some_variable")
    2. var_value = Target.ReadU32(var_addr)
    3. if( var_value == some_condition ) {
    4. Target.WriteU32(var_addr, new_value)
    5. // Target.Write() doesn't get flushed to target unless I do this for some reason?
    6. // Alternatively, I can mouse over some_variable or add some_variable to the watched data to get the write to take effect.
    7. Elf.GetExprValue("some_variable")
    8. }
  • Hello,

We received your inquiry via our support system as well.
    To make sure no information is lost between the different channels this thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.