[ABANDONED] Debugging problem with LPC4350 and j-link v6.46a and v6.44i.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Debugging problem with LPC4350 and j-link v6.46a and v6.44i.

Hello,

I downloaded the new release of the IAR EWARM compiler v8.40.1 this morning which included the j-Link v6.44i driver. I am using with an NXP LPC4350 and have been using the same tools for several years now. With these new versions, after I download the code, I can't debug. If I hit the GO tool bar button, the IDE just sets there and doesn't seem to do anything. If I select the disassembly window I can single step through a few lines of code and then it does the same thing. I can't seem to be able to run the application from the debugger. As a test, I updated to the latest j-Link v6.46a. I had the exact same problem with this version. I then decided to revert back to j-Link v6.34h which I had been previously using with my older IAR EWARM compiler. This corrected the problem. There must be some change between j-Link v6.34h and v6.44i which has broken single stepping and running on the LPC4350. Do you have any ideas on what may cause this?

Thanks,
    Greg Dunn
  • Hello Greg,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Do you get the same issue when using Ozone instead of EWARM?
    segger.com/products/development-tools/ozone-j-link-debugger/
    Could you provide a J-Link log file of the failing and working session?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.