[SOLVED] Disable popups from J-Link Commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Disable popups from J-Link Commander

I'm using a J-Link PLUS probe while running automated test scripts, which among other things run J-Link Commander to erase and reflash my target (a Cortex-M through SWD). I'd like to run these automated tests in the background while I do some other work. However the erasing and flashing always display a popup right in the middle of my screen, which is very annoying (more so as it is flagged "always on top").

Is there a command line option or an internal command to tell J-Link Commander to suppress these popups? Or can I do it in the J-Link driver options (that popup seems common to several Segger tools)? Or can I specify where it should be displayed (I have multiple large monitors, I wouldn't mind that much if it was in the corner of a secondary one)? Alternatively is there another command line utility I could use instead to reflash my target?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Could you provide a screenshot of the pop-up in question?
    Usually they have a "do not show again" option to disable them for future sessions.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Thank you for clarifying which pop-up. This one indeed does not have the don't show again option. But we have an internal exec command which can be used to disable this under windows.
    I will send you a PM explaining how.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.