[SOLVED] RTT Viewer issues - word wrap off or smaller text for best viewing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTT Viewer issues - word wrap off or smaller text for best viewing

I am using the Segger RTT Viewer to show a debug trace of 20 values in 30 rows - or about 600 values in total.
    But each row of text wraps on right screen edge and continues on next row. This makes data difficult to read and correlate.

Is there some way to turn off "Word Wrap" option in RTT Viewer? A horizontal scroll bar would solve this.

This would allow each row of data to appear in a single row on screen.
    Much easier to read and correlate data across rows.

OR

Is there a way to reduce the font size in RTT Viewer? I just want a screen select switch to do this. Nothing that requires programming.

Again, this would allow each row of data to appear in a single row on screen.
    Much easier to read and correlate data across rows.

The Segger RTT Viewer is an amazing tool! But I would like some solutions to the above issues.
  • Hello kjhuebner,

Thank you for your inquiry and your feedback regarding the J-Link RTT Viewer.

Could you please tell me which version of the J-Link RTT Viewer you are using?
    Recently, there have been a couple of updates and improvements regarding the output speed and more of the RTT Viewer.
    One of those updates included the change from word-wrap to a horizontal scrollbar.

Could you please give the current version of the J-Link RTT Viewer (V6.44i) a try?
    You can find the download here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Leon,

WOW! I went from RTT Viewer v6.40 to the newest version v6.44i and what a difference.

BIG IMPROVEMENT: I can now see ALL my rows of debug data WITH a horizontal scroll bar.

But the amazing change is the speed.

The new RTT Viewer displays my debug trace many times faster! An entire page of debug data now appears in milliseconds (rather than seconds). This version makes development a whole lot easier.

To Leon and the entire Segger team... Thumbs up to the RTT Viewer and all the Segger tools!

Ken Huebner
  • Hello kjhuebner,

Thanks for your reply.
    It's great to hear that you are up and running now.

Thank you very much for the feedback on the J-Link RTT Viewer.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.