[SOLVED] when JFLASH program hex file to the STM32L151ve, THE Address segment without data write 0x00

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] when JFLASH program hex file to the STM32L151ve, THE Address segment without data write 0x00

HI

I use the JFLASH tool program the hex to the MCU flash, the JFLASH version is 6.42a, THE Address segment without data in the hex file will be write 0x00 in the flash, but I find it is 0xff for the 4.42a version , I want to write to be 0XFF on the 6.42a version ,whether to have some way to do this? thanks

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can edit hex files in J-Flash how you like, so simply fill that empty area with 0xFF and save the hex file again. If you Flash that file now you should have the value 0xFF in memory at that location.

We noticed that the J-Link you are registered with is out of support and maintenance for more than 10 years now.
    To get the latest features and speed benefits from J-Link we recommend upgrading to a current J-Link version. For this we offer our trade in program:
    segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • hi Nino:

because the hex file have other uses that update tool and FLASHER tool ,so I don't want to change the hex file .

whether to have some others way to do this? for example edit .jflash cfg file.

other ,I found the follow link:

[SOLVED]STM32L151RC erase chip

is it a bug for the V4.42A?

about update version:

I will contact other colleagues to solve this problem.

thanks
  • Hello,

This is no bug. The erase value for the STM32L151 series is 0x00 (see ST Flash manual). This is why the gap is filled with 0x00 after erase.
    If you want some other data there make sure your hex file contains that data.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

The behaviour in the V4.42 was incorrect and has been fixed since. 0x00 is the correct erase value as required by ST.

Best regards,
    Nino