Styles.css changes not updated on website

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Styles.css changes not updated on website

Hi
    I have a problem where changes to the styles.css are not showing up on the website.
    Was not changing on my website so went back to the Demo and it does not change there either.
    The build shows that the styles.c was changed and looks like it is recompiled and the styles.o looks like it has the changes I made.
    Changes I make to index.htm are updated after a compile.
    Is there something else that needs to be done?
    Thanks
    Pete
  • Hi Pete,

Different file types might be treated different by your browser.
    It might happen that your browser's cache will serve an old CSS file instead of the new one.

Are you sure the new one gets delivered by the server or if it is even requested ?

Typically modern browser come with some sort of debug features where you can monitor the network events and how long they take.
    This is often called "developer tools" in the browser and will help you testing for these kind of problems.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Moved to SEGGER Helpdesk
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Oliver
    It was the cache, cleared it and the changes showed up.
    I was running the Demo in Chrome on Windows 7.
    When I tried other browsers they got the updated styles right away.
    I would think the styles.css would be a pretty basic file to get updated but who knows.
    Thanks
    Pete