[SOLVED] How do I switch between Jlink and Jlink_SPI interface when using only a single Jlink Ultra+

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How do I switch between Jlink and Jlink_SPI interface when using only a single Jlink Ultra+

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to allow a single Jlink Ultra+ to be able to switch between JTAG and SPI on a PCBA. Hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.

Currently, I have a SPI flash and a R9A uC on the same board. I am using a single Jlink to program the SPI directly as well as to issue 'JTAGLOAD' commands to the R9A. Both are donw through command line because I need to automate the functions. I have realised that if I were to perform JTAGLOAD commands first, followed by SPI programming, Jlink will prompt a message as attached. If I click 'Yes', the SPI programming will proceed without issue. Only thing is this will cause a need for operator intevention, which is not desired.

If I were to do the SPI programming followed by the JTAGLOAD commands, the commands will fail without any prompt for switch.

So I wonder if there is any command (line) that I can use to somehow switch between the 2 interfaces?

Thanks lots for your valuable solutions.

Benedict
    Images
    • JLINK_ERR.JPG

398.26 kB, 944×393, viewed 315 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We currently do not offer a software tool that could do both automatically.
    But such a setup sounds like a perfect fit for our J-Link SDK.
    With it you can create your own little application that fits your needs perfectly.
    More information can be found here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.