[SOLVED] Could not open J-Link shared library. Exiting now.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Could not open J-Link shared library. Exiting now.

Hello,

I am using Segger J-Link Ultra+ debugger under GNU/Linux and I am facing some problems with "
    J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Linux, TGZ archive, 64-bit" software package.

Sometimes when I'm trying to run for example JLinkExe application I get following error:

# ./JLinkExe
    SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.44g (Compiled Apr 18 2019 17:15:12)
    Could not open J-Link shared library. Exiting now.

I noticed that this error occurs always after I run "ldconfig" Linux command.
    After run this (ldconfig) command I get another error:

ldconfig: libraries libjlinkarm.so.6 and libjlinkarm_x86.so in directory /usr/local/JLink_Linux_V644g_x86_64 have same soname but different type.
    ldconfig: libraries libjlinkarm_x86.so and libjlinkarm_x86.so.6.44.7 in directory /usr/local/JLink_Linux_V644g_x86_64 have same soname but different type.

Seems like the libjlinkarm_x86.so.6.44.7 library is not properly build during linking process, because:

$ objdump -p libjlinkarm.so.6.44.7 | grep SONAME
    SONAME libjlinkarm.so.6

$ objdump -p libjlinkarm_x86.so.6.44.7 | grep SONAME
    SONAME libjlinkarm.so.6

As far as I know these libraries needs to have different sonames but they are the same. Probably "-soname" option of "ld" linker will help with this problem during linking process.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The following Wiki article should give some insight into this:
    wiki.segger.com/Could_not_open_J-Link_shared_library#Linux
    Is this what you were looking for?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The following Wiki article should give some insight into this:
    wiki.segger.com/Could_not_open_J-Link_shared_library#Linux
    Is this what you were looking for?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Hello,
    Yes I know this article from Wiki but it didn't solve my problem - so that is why I sent the post with my solution on the forum.

Regarding your suggestion - I've just created new support ticket with this bug.
    Thank you.
  • Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.
    We received your inquiry in our Supportsystem and will continue discussion there.
    To make sure no information gets lost between multiple channels this thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.